2023 CPD Event at Kingfisher Bay Resort Proudly Sponsored by PEXA
Registrations are now open for the FCDLA 2023 CPD Event proudly sponsored by PEXA on Friday 16 June 2023 and Saturday 17 June 2023 at Kingfisher Bay Resort, K’gari (Fraser Island) which includes:
- Ten (10) CPD points over 2 days
- Return barge transfers from River Heads (Hervey Bay) at 9.00am on 16 June 2023 and departing Kingfisher Bay at 5.00pm on 17 June 2023
- Accommodation Friday night in a Resort Hotel Room and hot buffet breakfast on Saturday
- Lunch and afternoon tea on Friday
- Hot Buffet Breakfast, Morning Tea and Lunch on Saturday
- Our Community Raffles
Our impressive line-up of speakers includes:
- Margaret Cassidy, Former Judge of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia – Trial Affidavits in Family Law Hearings
- The Honourable Magistrate Rowan – Advocacy in the Courtroom
- Mark Crofton of Counsel – Estates and Family Provision claims
- Matthew Pollock of Counsel and Alex North, Solicitor – Cryptocurrency in Family Law, Wills and Estate Administration
- Kirsty Gothard and Jody Pezet of Counsel – QCAT and the Property Law Act (Qld) related Applications for Residential and Commercial Property Disputes
- Derek Butler, Solicitor and Notary Public – The role of a Notary Public
- Belinda Winter, Solicitor – Lawyers and Mental Health
- Stafford Shepherd, Manager of QLS Ethics and Practice Centre and Solicitor – Ethics
- Bernard Whebell, Audit and Forensic Partner at Ulton – Fraud in the Workplace
- Hellen Ryan, Principal Consultant and Director at Solutions for HR – HR and Workplace Health and Safety in Small Legal Practices
- Tara Bradbury – Real Estate Agent – The Impacts of the Housing Legislation Amendment Act 2021 (Qld)
- PEXA – EConveyancing Update
The following additional options are available at special event rates:
- Self-serve buffet dinner on Friday night
- Accommodation for spouse or child on Friday night, including barge transfers and hot buffet breakfast
- Additional night accommodation on Thursday or Saturday at a discounted rate
Resort Hotel Room includes a queen bed and single bed and can sleep up to 3 people. If you have additional children, please email email@example.com to make enquires about a trundle bed
Buffet dinner on Friday night includes:
Damper rolls with butter, garden salad with bush spice dressing, bush potato salad with bacon and brown onions, tomato, red onion and basil salad, apple and cabbage slaw with bush honey vinaigrette, pasta salad with marinated vegetables, assorted dressings and condiments, kangaroo sausages, grilled Cape Byron sirloin steaks over caramelised brown onions, citrus and spice marinated chicken breast, slow-cooked marinated lamb rump, baked barramundi fillets with lemon myrtle butter, jacket potato with sour cream and chives, corn on the cob, fried onions, fruit salad with bush honey and mini pavlovas with fruit and cream. Dietary requirements can be catered for.
All lawyers and barristers from across Australia are welcome to the event, so please forward/share with anyone who you know may be interested.
The FCDLA Committee acknowledges the generous sponsorship of PEXA, without whom this Event would not be possible.
We look forward to seeking you there for this fantastic and informative event!