The Fraser Coast District Law Association exists to connect Solicitors and Barristers in Hervey Bay and Maryborough:
- with each other, and the wider legal community, by hosting social and networking events
- with the wider profession, through our relationship with the Queensland Law Society
- with the local and circuit courts, by developing an effective working relationship with the courts
- with the community, through participation in community legal education and advocacy
- with legal resources, highlighting region specific information
The Fraser Coast District Law Association has eight committee roles: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and four general committee members.
Each committee role lasts for twelve months from 1 December to 30 November and all members are eligible to nominate for committee position/s and to vote for the nominated candidates at the annual AGM.
President: John Willett, John Willett Lawyers
Vice President: Selena Cartwright, Fairways Mediation
Treasurer: Katie Elder, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service
Secretary: Sarah Smith, CSG Law (Hervey Bay)
General Committee Members:
Fiona Terrell, Carswell & Co (Hervey Bay);
Samantha Mackay, Carswell & Co (Maryborough);
Shani Mitchell, Geldard Sherrington; and
Hamish Isles, Geldard Sherrington.